For more information call Dennis Smith at 402-472-0976 or e-mail Dennis at email@example.com.
The NE-LTAP division of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln will administer erosion control and storm water training to help meet NPDES permit requirements for the Nebraska's Department of Roads and Phase II MS4 communities of Nebraska.
Available training consists of five separate courses which are crucial to the training and certification of people engaged in building and maintaining Nebraska's transportation system and commercial and residential construction at the state, county and community level. In addition, NDOR requires anyone inspecting or installing Erosion Control BMPs on state projects to be certified in this program.
Certifications are valid for a five year period (unless otherwise noted) starting upon successful completion of the course and exam. A 70 percent of correct answers is required to pass the exam.
Available courses are outlined below:
1) NDOR Erosion and Sediment Control Basics for Inspectors (INSPECTOR Certification)
· One Day, Classroom Setting.
· Certification Course (must pass exam).
· Required for anyone needing to inspect/install/maintain erosion and sediment control BMPs on NDOR projects.
· Must pass this course and obtain your inspector ID # before taking any of the re-certification courses summarized below.
· Certification valid for 5 years.
2) NDOR EROSION AND SEDIMENT CONTROL BASICS FOR INSPECTORS (INSPECTOR INTERIM CERTIFICATION (ON-LINE
· 6 Month Temporary Certification.
· May only be used one time.
· Anyone wishing to maintain a certification after the 6 month period elapses must enroll in the one day certification course
3) NDOR Erosion and Sediment Control Basics for Inspectors (Inspector re-certification) (ON-LINE TRAINing)
There are three options available to maintain your certification:
Option 1: Enroll in a half day live re-certification course. NDOR will offer a handful of live classroom re-certification courses across the state each year based upon the need.
Option 2: Enroll in the online re-certification course. This online course includes a series of presentations and quizzes that an applicant must successfully complete in order to print off their re-certification certificate.
4) NDOR Erosion and Sediment Control Basics for Designers
· Required for NDOR Designers to introduce to them the principles and practices of erosion control design on NDOR projects.
· Training Only.
· Two Day Course.
5) NDOR Stormwater Treatment in MS4 Communities
· Required for NDOR Designers to introduce them to Chapter 3 of the NDOR Drainage Design and Erosion Control Manual, titled
“Stormwater Treatment within MS4 Communities.”
· Training Only.
· One Day Course .
These courses offer the opportunity for training and/or certification and can be used by other agencies/municipalities to meet education requirements as needed. If you have questions relating to who needs certification – please call the NE-LTAP office: Dennis Smith – 402-472-0976.
Check this website often as information is updated regularly and courses will be scheduled to meet the needs across the state.